Featured Post

The Beginning

So, this is Dad and Mom. Ray is the son of Conrad Herrmann and Kate Bundock. He is the step-son of Edith Armstrong and Wally Hewitt. ...

Tuesday, February 6, 2018

How does Facebook help with Genealogy?

I have been using Facebook to help with my genealogy research for a number of years now. Sometimes it pans out, sometimes not.
Recently, I started a Closed Group for my Bjorkman research. I've had it going for a couple months now, but only have two other members. Most of the posts are from me. But, too me, it is still successful. I "met" one more family member that I didn't even know existed. That is success, in my opinion.
When I get this group going, I may also open closed group pages for other branches in the future. 

Link to the Bjorkman Group, which is linked to an open fb page to point the way to the Closed Group.


Bjorkman Family Research


I use a closed group page so that all family info can only be seen by its members. There is a question I developed for becoming a member to make sure it is for family only.