Featured Post

The Beginning

So, this is Dad and Mom. Ray is the son of Conrad Herrmann and Kate Bundock. He is the step-son of Edith Armstrong and Wally Hewitt. ...

Wednesday, April 6, 2016

Updated Info on the Sjoholm Branch to the Nord Branch

This past weekend was a free weekend for researching on ArkivDigital. I took as much of an advantage of the free access as my time would allow, and did manage to find a few new docs.
First, I tried working a bit on gr. grandma Alma's maternal branch. Her mother, Christina Andersdotter, was actually born under the name of Maja Catherine to Anders Andreasson and Catherine Larsdotter. I wanted to see if I could discover why gr.gr. grandma Christina changed her name. No such luck, but I did find the marriage record of Anders grandparents, Arvid Andreasson and Karin, through Anders father, Andreas Arvidsson. 
Arvid and Karin were married 7 Nov 1766 in Floby, Skaraborg. Unfortunately, I still can't read Karin's maiden surname. 
I also found the birth record of Anders first brother named Johannes. He had two brothers named Johannes. The first brother was born in 1799 in Norra Vanga, Skaraborg, but died four months after his first year. His second brother was born in 1804, also in Norra Vanga, but died before his first year.
I decided to switch over on the second free research day to shore up some of gr. grandma Margarethe Nord's branch. Most of what I was missing were death records. Not anymore. 
I found Margarethe's grandmother, Anna Andersdotter (through her mother, Anna Persdotter), having died in 1838 in Mora, Kopparberg. 
I found the death record for Margarethe's father's (Lars Andersson Nord) grandfather (through Lars father, Anders), Matts Larsson. He died in 1800 in Mora, Kopparberg. 
The most exciting record found, though, was the death record of Margarethe's mother, Anna Persdotter. I had been looking for that record for a number of years now - and finally found it. Anna died in 1853 in Katarina, Stockholm. 
So, I have now completed the birth and death info/records for my 2nd great-grandmother's (Margarethe Nord) through to her parents, grandparents, and gr.grandparents (except for the death records of Maragarethe's mother's maternal grandparents, Anders Andersson and Anna Larsdotter). 
I'd say that was a pretty good weekend of research.
Note: I had left this post as a draft for a couple of weeks, so the free weekend was actually a couple of weekends ago.