Featured Post

The Beginning

So, this is Dad and Mom. Ray is the son of Conrad Herrmann and Kate Bundock. He is the step-son of Edith Armstrong and Wally Hewitt. ...

Thursday, June 11, 2015

Winding Down on my ArkivDigital Sub with the Bjerkmann Branch

So, I only have a few days left on my 3 month sub for ArkivDigital. I believe I've accomplished a lot this time around.
I had been researching in the last weeks the siblings of Andreas Olsen Bjerkmann. So, it goes like this:

1. Olle Jacobsen - married 3 times
    1st wife: Catarina Svensdotter
     Child 1: Maja Olsdotter
       married: Olof Bryngelsson
        Children: Emanuel, Lisa Kasja, Kristina, Sara Stina, Mina,
                       Carl Magnus, Gustaf, and Otto (Otto used the
                       surname Bjorkman)
      Child 2: Jacob Olsen Bjorkman
                   Jacob married twice and had eight children. All
                   but the youngest was from his first wife.
      Child 3: Stina Olsdotter
                   Stina had 3 children out of wedlock - Jonas,
                   Christina, and Anna Kajsa. When Anna was born
                   Stina was called into court for having too many
                   illegitimate children. She was given a prison term
                   of a month, I believe, with bread and water.
      Child 4: Casja Olsdotter died at the age of 16 years old.
      Child 5: Andreas (see previous posts for Andreas)

Olle did not have any children with his second wife, Ingeborg
Jansdotter. But he did have two children with his third wife,
Maria Bryngelsdotter.
If you look above, you will see that Olle's daughter, Maja, 
married Olof Bryngelsson. This was Maria's brother. So, Maja's
step-mother was also her sister-in-law, and her father was her
brother-in-law.
I think we are delving into "I'm my own Grandpa"!
Olle and Maria had two children together - Carl/Karl and 
Carolina/Karolina. 
On my next post, I will start with Karl.