Featured Post

The Beginning

So, this is Dad and Mom. Ray is the son of Conrad Herrmann and Kate Bundock. He is the step-son of Edith Armstrong and Wally Hewitt. ...

Saturday, March 3, 2018

Magdalena's Maiden Name - Martsch, Martch, or Mauch

My biggest brickwall in my pedigree is Grandma Lena. Other than after her marriage to Konrad/Conrad, I have found absolutely nothing prior to that time. I don't even know, for sure, her maiden name.
Aunt June told me that Grandpa's death certificate reported her maiden name as Martsch. 
Uncle Fred's marriage record to Pauline shows the name as Martch.
I have found nothing under either of these surnames. The closest I came to finding anything are passenger records and index records for a Magdalene/Magdalena Mauch. 
There is no way, at this point in time, of knowing anything until I find something definitive with the surname. Then, maybe, I can start filling in the blanks of my biggest brickwall.


Uncle Fred's marriage record to Pauline.
He records his mother's maiden name as Martch.




An Index record for Magdalena Mauch arriving in 1889 with
her 20 year old brother, Johann.




A different index record of the same Magdalena Mauch.



New York Passenger list for a Magdalena Mauch
arriving in 1889.




Indexed record for the same Magdalena Mauch



Passenger list from Hamburg

Indexed Record from Hamburg.